Enjoy our 8-day summer “Experience the Self” retreat — and bring your family
Learn the Transcendental Meditation technique
The Transcendental Meditation technique is the most widely practiced, thoroughly researched, and extensively applied program of personal development in the world.
It is a simple, natural, effortless procedure practiced 20 minutes twice each day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed.
It’s not a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle.
More than six million people worldwide have learned the Transcendental Meditation technique — people of all ages, cultures, and religions.
The TM technique is so simple and effortless that even 10-year-old children can learn and practice it — even children with ADHD.
Do you already practice the TM technique? Then you can learn an advanced TM technique to deepen your experience.
Learn Maharishi Yoga Asanas and Maharishi Self-Pulse reading
- Maharishi Yoga asanas — in this class you’ll learn simple yet profound set of Yoga stretching exercises as well as an understanding of how these exercises benefit your health and support your meditation practice.
- Maharishi Self-Pulse reading — in this class you’ll learn the ancient practice of Nadivigyam, self-pulse diagnosis, for determining balance and imbalance in your body. Taking your own pulse in this way actually helps restore balance to your physiology.
Explore the hidden treasure in the heartland
There is so much to see and do in this small but cosmopolitan city of Fairfield.
- Visit the Sustainable Living Center on the Maharishi University of Management campus — the only building in the world to combine the four major approachs to sustainable building design
- Tour some of the many homes and office buildings in Fairfield that are built using the principles of Maharishi Vastu – Maharishi Vedic Architecture. Buildings using these principles are said to promote health and well-being by their very design.
- Walk or bike the beautiful Fairfield Loop Trail, a 17-mile trail surrounding the city of Fairfield, with access points from the university campus.
Programs for children
We offer special programs for children during this retreat, including programs for talented and gifted children and leadership training for teens.